- Use your security expertise & excellent customer service skills
- Several casual opportunities
- Work for an iconic organisation
The Melbourne Cricket Club manages the Melbourne Cricket Ground, one of Australia's greatest assets. The MCG is host to more than 70 major events annually, attracting at least three million patrons and visitors.
Several vacancies currently exist within the Venue & Events Services department for casual Security Officers. Reporting to the Venue Security Supervisor, this role’s goal is to assist in providing best practice security and effective asset protection, whilst delivering superior customer service at the Melbourne Cricket Ground and Yarra Park Precinct.
In additional you will also be responsible for:
- Identifying and resolving security related incidents and provide detailed, clear and precise concise reports to the Security Supervisors in a timely manner
- Communicating key issues to Security Supervisors Providing venue support and security services for events, functions and any other operational requirement as directed
- Operating proficiently the security and safety technologies (ie: access control, electronic surveillance, fire and evacuation etc)
- Providing accurate and timely information on health and safety requirements and other key issues to Supervisors
- Assisting in identifying potential hazards and document results and follow up to the relevant manager
Our team is committed to providing and displaying and delivering exceptional customer service to both internal and external stakeholders. The working environment is dynamic and challenging and you will be expected to demonstrate excellent communication skills, possess a high level of integrity and confidentiality, be self motivated and enjoy being a highly committed team player.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Previous experience working in a similar role
- Exceptional customer service skills
- A current Victorian Security Licence
- Certificate II in Security Operations
- A current Level 2 First Aid Certificate (Level 3 would be an advantage)
- Control room experience in the areas of electronic surveillance, access control, fire indicator panels, emergency warning intercommunication systems; and or other operating systems
- Sound understanding in emergency management and OHS
- Proficient report writing and verbal communication skills
- Solid computer literacy skills
The successful applicants will be part of our casual pool security team and may be required to work 24/7 shifts. The minimum shift is 4 hours up to a maximum 12 hour shift on both event days & non-event days across different times. As these are casual positions only, the MCC does not guarantee ongoing or regular work.
For a more detailed description of the role please refer to the position description via the above link.
If you have the skills and experience outlined above and are interested in this role please forward your current CV, cover letter and complete the questionnaire online by clicking on the 'Apply Online' tab below. Applications with an incomplete questionnaire will not be considered.
Applications close Wednesday 26th June 2019