- Work at Australia's greatest stadium with world class facilities and technology
- Make your mark and make a genuine difference to our organisation
- Utilise your analytical & strategic skills
The Melbourne Cricket Club (MCC) manages the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG), one of Australia's greatest assets. The MCG is host to more than 70 major sports events annually, attracting at least three million patrons and visitors.
The MCC is committed to managing the MCG in a manner that is focused on efficiency and sustainability. The MCG is a world class facility that utilises industry leading technology to ensure we are responsible in the way we use our energy & manage our assets.
A new opportunity has become available within the MCC's Facilities department for an experienced Asset Management Specialist to manage the Asset Management System with a strategic focus on asset planning, asset policies and procedures. Reporting to the Operations & Contracts Manager, this is a hands on proactive role, that will work collaboratively with the project team, business and stakeholders towards delivering solutions and results by coordinating the planning and implementation of identified improvement strategies to solve key asset management problems.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Administering the development and ongoing maintenance of asset management plans on the Asset Management System (AMS).
- Implementing and overseeing life-cycle management of all MCC assets.
- Leading the development, implementation and ongoing maintenance of quality and control system, procedures and operational improvement.
- Management and upkeep of the MCG and MCC managed sites built drawings and reference materials.
- Analysising of data extracted from the Asset Management and Building Management Systems, creating reports and making recommedations
- Coordinate the department's annual capex submission and the 10 year asset replacement plan
- Carry out Facilities event day duties on a rotation basis.
To be successful in this role, you need to have experience working in a similar role in a medium-large professional organisation that have comparable assets and building management. You are a self-motivated, collaborative team player that has proven strong interpersonal, communication and stakeholder managment skills with an ability to influence and strengthen relationships. You will also have a passion for analysing data, thinking strategically and making change to processes, as these skills are pivotal to the success of this role.
You will also need to have experience in:
- An Asset Management System (QFM preferred) at an intermediate or advance level and experience in building/facility management.
- Management of contractors and trade staff.
- Project management, and working in project teams.
- Developing policy document templates.
- Extracting and analysing asset management and building management data and making best practice recommedations.
- Intermediate knowlegde of Microsoft Office suite
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Relevant tertiary qualification(s)
- CAD software
For a more detailed description of the role please refer to the position description via the above link.
The hours of work are largely business hour however from time to time you will need to be available to work outside of normal business hours to monitor assets. You will also need to be available to work on the Facility event day duties on a rotation basis that could fall on weekends and public holidays.
This is a proactive role, where you can make a genuine difference to the success of our organisation. If you would like to take your asset management career to the next level and have the skills, experience and qualifications outlined above, and want to work for Australia's greatest stadium, we would love to hear from you. You can do this by forwarding your current CV, cover letter and complete the questionnaire online by clicking on the 'Apply Online' tab below.
Applications with an incomplete questionnaire will not be considered.
This position is open to both internal and external applicants.
Applicants must be Australia citizens or permanent residents, or hold an unrestricted work visa.
Please note, agency submissions will not be considered for this position.
Applications close Sunday 21 October 2018. (Any applications that are submitted after this date will not be considered).