- Organised go- getter!
- Take the next step in your career in facilities management.
- Utilise your superior coordination & administration skills
- Iconic organisation with world-class facilities
The Melbourne Cricket Club manages the Melbourne Cricket Ground, one of Australia's greatest assets. The MCG is host to more than 70 major sports events annually, attracting at least three million patrons and visitors.
The Facilities department is responsible for the management, maintenance and efficient operation of the built environment at the MCG and other MCC-managed sites. Our duties include building operations, turf management, repairs and maintenance, cleaning and other technical services, ensuring that events, functions and daily business run smoothly.
A great permanent opportunity has become available within this department for a Building Services Coordinator. Reporting to the Facilities Operations & Contracts Manager (FO&CM), this role is responsible for all facilities event day related tasks from a management and coordination perspective in both the MCG & MCC external facilities inclusive of Yarra Park. You will be responsible for the day to day operation of the MCG and MCC managed sites as directed by the Facilities Operations & Contracts Manager which will include the management of a portfolio of nominated building services to ensure that the building operates at a high level at all times. In addition, this role has a strong focus on safety and will need to ensure that staff and contractors are complying with all MCC requirements.
Other responsibilities of this role are to:
- Work closely with the MCC Events Department and venue hirers to ensure that the facility related matters are identified and actioned prior to events being staged.
- Assist the FO&CM manage works and contractors that may include reporting auditing or direct supervision.
- Manage the permit to work system for contractors & to work process ensuring all permits are relevant and adhered to.
- Assist in identifying and implementing building operations development with a focus on environmental and sustainability initiatives.
- Manage projects as required.
- Assist with updating the MCC asset management system (QFM) and provide follow up reports referencing contractor performance.
- Assist the Building Services Engineer and Facilities Assets Manager with asset management duties as required.
To be successful in this position, you will ideally have previous experience working in a similar role & industry, that required you to be extremely organised whilst juggling multiple priorities. You will be a strong communicator, both verbal and written. This role is suited to someone who wants to start or continue their career in facilities management (relevant qualifications would be advantageous but not essential). As an experienced coordinator, you will have strong computer skills (particularly Excel) with an excellent eye for detail, and you will enjoy working as part of a close knit team.
The hours of work are largely during business hours however, from time to time you will need to be available to work outside of normal business hours to be available to work on the Facilities event day roster on a rotation basis. This could fall on, weekends, evenings or public holidays.
For a more detailed description of the role please refer to the position description via the link above.
If you are looking at a career in the facilities management industry, and you have the skills and experienced outlined above, then we want to hear from you! To apply, click on the 'Apply Online' tab below by uploading a cover letter , current resume and complete the questionnaire.
Please note, applications with an incomplete questionnaire will not be considered.
Applicants must be Australia citizens or permanent residents, or hold an unrestricted work visa.
Applications close Monday September 23 2019. ( applications submitted after this date will not be considered) .