- Personal Assistant to General Manager Club Services & Heritage
- Iconic organisation
- Fast paced environment
- Executive support & manage projects
The Melbourne Cricket Club manages the Melbourne Cricket Ground, one of Australia’s greatest assets. The MCG is host to more than 70 major sports events annually, attracting at least three million patrons and visitors.
The Club Services & Heritage Department is responsible for all activities relating to MCC membership and club life, including management of the member base and waiting list, the club’s cricket, sporting sections and special interest groups and all heritage activities. It is also responsible for the operations of the National Sports Museum, MCG Tours, MCC Library, Archives and the various collections within each.
A great permanent opportunity has become available for an experienced Personal Assistant to the General Manager (GM) Club Services & Heritage and will located at the MCC offices at the MCG. The main focus of this role is to provide proactive and quality high level assistance, including administrative and project management support to the GM and the department as required. This is a high profile position dealing with internal and external stakeholders at all levels from MCC Committee members, MCC staff, MCC members, suppliers and key Club stakeholders.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
- Working collaboratively with the GM on managing their work commitments and priorities, including monitoring and managing their email, diary & preparing other communications
- Coordinating meetings (distribute agendas, book venues, catering, equipment and take minutes and action items), appointments and travel arrangements
- Planning of various committee meetings, including the calendar for co-ordination of papers
- Preparation and timely dissemination of high quality committee papers and associated minutes
- Preparing reports, correspondence and presentations
- Maintaining confidential records and filing of reports, correspondence and related material for ease of retrieval
- Delivering and managing projects and budgets as assigned by the General Manager
- Managing relationships with key stakeholders across all levels of the business.
- Process invoices and credit card expenses
- Assist GM’s direct reports as required
To be successful in this role, you will need to have previous experience as a Personal Assistant working at General Manager/Executive level in a fast paced professional corporate environment, along with advanced skills in MS Office suite and be technically savvy in picking up and working with new systems.
In addition you will have demonstrated a high degree of judgement, confidentiality and diplomacy and be outcome focussed with a strong attention to detail, customer service and a sense of pride in the work output of yourself, your manager and the department and organisation you represent.
You will also have:
- Highly developed communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills
- Advanced skills in minute taking and experience coordinating & preparing Committee / Board papers and reports
- Exceptional customer service and people skills and able to build meaningful relationships
- Strong stakeholder management experience dealing at all levels with internal and external stakeholders
- Previously managed projects and budgets with limited supervision
For a more detailed understanding of the role please refer to the position description via the link above. This role requires a degree of flexibility with working hours with occasional early starts or late finishes and to support department needs as required.
If you have the skills and experience outlined above and are interested in this role, please submit your application including a cover letter, a current CV and complete the online questionnaire via the link below
Please note applications with an incomplete questionnaire will not be considered.
This position is open to both internal and external applicants.
Applications close 20th October 2019. (Any applications after this date will not be considered)