- Be part of the team that tells the stories of the MCC and MCG
- Star communicator with understanding of digital customer journeys
- Own and develop communication channels and eDMs
The Melbourne Cricket Club (MCC) has the public responsibility of managing one of the largest and the most successful stadiums in Australia and the world – the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG). The MCG is more than just a stadium, it’s an Australian icon and a meeting place for generations past, present and future.
The MCG is host to more than 70 major events and attracts over three million visitors annually. The MCC is the largest sporting club in the country with over 130,000 members and also manages 13 sporting sections with participation over 2,600. The National Sports Museum (NSM) has its home at the MCG, celebrating Australia’s rich sporting history, which is also managed by the MCC.
The Commercial Operations & Partnerships Department are responsible for the MCC’s marketing initiatives, communications, publicity, issues management, community partnerships, corporate sales, business development, advertising, merchandise and commercial arrangements with sponsors, suppliers and partners.
A great opportunity has arisen for a proactive, service orientated Communications Coordinator to join our communications and stakeholder team. Reporting to the Communications and Stakeholder Manager, the role’s responsibility will be to use the MCC’s communication channels to develop and deliver engaging contact, ensuring high-quality customer service is at the forefront.
This hands-on, supportive role is fundamental to the structure and organisation of the communications and stakeholder team. A high level digital prowess is required as well as general business, and commercial acumen.
Other key responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Own and update the MCG and MCC websites.
- Develop and update the MCG app.
- Plan and execute the MCC and MCG eDM schedule.
- Write and produce content for owned channels.
- Support in media and publicity activities to positively promote the MCG and MCC.
- Work with the Communications and Stakeholder team to develop growth and equity of MCC/MCG/NSM brands.
- Work with the marketing and communications teams to ensure alignment of editorial and promotional content.
- Assist in the delivery of key communications projects, as directed by the Communications and Stakeholder Manager.
- This role will allow you to contribute to iconic brands and contribute to a new approach in engaging our customers.
The successful candidate will be a digitally savvy and communications all-rounder that has previously worked in a similar position with experience working on developing and delivering communications plans, website content publishing and developing eDMs. In addition, they bring a creative approach to their work and have superior written and verbal communication skills, with an eye for detail. They will be a team player who is highly organised and has the ability to build meaningful relationships both internally and externally.
They will also have:
- Tertiary qualifications in communications, public relations, journalism or marketing.
- Professional experience in a digital, communications or PR coordinator role or similar.
- Experience working with CRM (Microsoft Dynamics), web content management systems (Sitecore), mobile application platforms and tools used to measure effectiveness of digital channels (i.e. Google Analytics).
- Experience delivering email marketing campaigns, with Salesforce Marketing Cloud an advantage.
- Experience in customer journey mapping and delivery.
- Experience with managing content for internal stakeholders.
- Excellent customer service attitude.
- Interest and an understanding in sport highly regarded.
- Flexibility to work an event day roster when required.
For a more detailed description of the role please click on the position description via the link above.
If you have a passion for communicating and have the experience and the skillset outlined above and would like to take your career to the next level for a high profile organisation working on iconic brands, we would love to hear from you. You can do this by submitting your application including a cover letter, a current CV and complete the online questionnaire by clicking on the “Apply Online” tab below.
Please note applications with an incomplete questionnaire will not be considered.
This position is open to both internal and external applicants.
Applications close Sunday 24 November 2019 (any applications after this date will not be considered).