- Be part of the team that tells the stories of the MCC and MCG
- Passion for contributing to the community
- Natural communicator with a positive and helpful attitude
The Melbourne Cricket Club (MCC) has the public responsibility of managing one of the largest and the most successful stadiums in Australia and the world – the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG). The MCG is more than just a stadium, it’s an Australian icon and a meeting place for generations past, present and future.
The MCG is host to more than 70 major events and attracts over three million visitors annually. The MCC is the largest sporting club in the country with over 130,000 members and also manages 13 sporting sections with participation over 2,600. The National Sports Museum (NSM) has its home at the MCG, celebrating Australia’s rich sporting history, which is also managed by the MCC.
The Commercial Operations & Partnerships Department are responsible for the MCC’s marketing initiatives, communications, publicity, issues management, community partnerships, corporate sales, business development, advertising, merchandise and commercial arrangements with sponsors, suppliers and partners.
A great opportunity has arisen for a proactive and service orientated Media and Community Officer to join our communications and stakeholder team. Reporting to the Senior Media and Community Advisor, the role’s responsibility will be to assist and support communications plans, media requests, and the administration of community partnerships.
An understanding of digital practices and platforms is advantageous as well as general business, and commercial acumen.
Other key responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Monitor and produce media reports through the MCC’s media monitoring platform.
- Support and facilitate editorial media requests for the MCG and National Sports Museum.
- Contribute and assist in publishing content to the MCC’s staff intranet.
- Assist in maintaining up-to-date databases.
- Work with the Senior Media and Community Advisor in the administration of the MCC’s community partnerships.
- Write and publish content in MCC printed publications and MCC/MCG digital channels.
- Work with the Communications and Stakeholder team to develop growth and equity of MCC/MCG/NSM brands.
- Work with the marketing and communications teams to ensure alignment of editorial and promotional content.
- Assisting in the delivery of key communications projects, as directed by the Communications and Stakeholder Manager and Senior Media and Communications Advisor.
This role will allow you to contribute to iconic brands and contribute to a new approach in engaging our customers.
The successful candidate will be passionate about making a contribution to the community and a communications all-rounder with a sound understanding of the media landscape. In addition, they will bring a creative, proactive and helpful approach to their work and have superior written and verbal communications skills, with an eye for detail. They will be a team player who is highly organised and has the ability to build meaningful relationships both internally and externally.
They will also have:
- Tertiary qualifications in communications, public relations, journalism or marketing.
- Professional experience in a digital, communications or PR assistant / coordinator role or similar.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience using digital channels for effective campaign delivery.
- Experience working with CRM (Microsoft Dynamics) and web content management systems (Sitecore) and tools used to measure effectiveness of digital channels (i.e. Google Analytics) an advantage.
- Understanding of event coordination / facilitation highly regarded.
- Experience in assisting the coordination of media outlet requests.
- Interest and an understanding in sport and/or corporate responsibility programs highly regarded.
- Flexibility to work an event day roster when required.
For a more detailed description of the role please click on the position description via the link above.
If you have a passion for communicating and have the experience and the skillset outlined above and would like to take your career to the next level for a high profile organisation working on iconic brands, we would love to hear from you. You can do this by submitting your application including a cover letter, a current CV and complete the online questionnaire by clicking on the “Apply Online” link below.
Please note applications with an incomplete questionnaire will not be considered.
This position is open to both internal and external applicants.
Applications close Sunday 24th November 2019 (any applications after this date will not be considered).