- Seeking an analytical thinker & systems whiz!
- Iconic organisation with world-class facilities
- Close-knit & fun team environment
The Melbourne Cricket Club (MCC) manages the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG), one of Australia's greatest assets. The MCG is host to more than 70 major sports events annually, attracting at least three million patrons and visitors.
The MCC is committed to managing the MCG in a manner that is focused on energy efficiency, sustainability and reliable operations. The MCG is a world class facility that utilises industry leading technology to assist in delivering the best outcomes.
A fantastic permanent opportunity has become available within the Facilities team for a Building Systems Officer to further optimise performance from a Building Services perspective with a heavy focus on sustainability and reliable facility operations. Reporting to the Building Services Engineer, you will be able to make your mark in this role by managing your own portfolio of building services, and operating the Building Management System, Energy Management System and other technologies to ensure that the facility operates smoothly and at peak energy efficiency at all times.
Other key responsibilities of the role are:
- Reporting and data analysis using the available technology and input from our service partners.
- Be the ‘super user’ of the Building Systems, always seeking ways to optimise effectiveness.
- Utilising CCTV, review stadium operations and make adjustments to systems where necessary.
- Using the BMS to review and action alarms.
- Partnering with the Building Services Engineer to identify and implement building operations development with a focus on sustainability and operational initiatives.
- Partnering with the Building Services Engineer to manage works and contractors as designated, ensuring safety standards are met.
- Assist with updating the MCC asset management system (QFM) and provide reports referencing building/asset performance.
To be successful in this role, you must have experience working in a related role in Facilities (Facilities Coordinator, Operations Assistant, Technical Assistant etc) or be a Graduate of Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, or have relevant trade experience.
In addition, you will also need the following:
- Familiarity with the basics of electrical and mechanical systems and infrastructure.
- Exceptional analytical skills, demonstrated ability to run reports and solve problems using data.
- Strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel & Outlook) and confidence using Building Management and Energy Management Systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organisational skills with ability to juggle multiple tasks at once.
- High attention to detail, accuracy and continuous improvement.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as be collaborative in a team environment.
- Sound understanding of OHS requirements.
- Passion to work toward the best possible delivery of facilities services.
In addition to the above, it would be advantageous if you have:
- Relevant trade or engineering qualifications
- Experience with Building Automation, Energy Management Systems & Asset Management Systems
The hours of work are largely during business hours however, from time to time you will need to be available to work outside of normal business hours to be available to work on the Facilities event day roster on a rotation basis. This could fall on, weekends, evenings or public holidays.
For a more detailed description of the role please refer to the position description via the above link.
If you have the skills, qualifications and experience outlined above and want to work for an iconic organisation with world class facilities and technology, which is committed to being energy efficient, we would love to hear from you by forwarding your current CV, cover letter and complete the questionnaire online by clicking on the 'Apply Online' tab below. Applications with an incomplete questionnaire will not be considered.
Applications close Sunday 1st December 2019 (applications submitted after this date will not be considered).